A recap of the City's weekly radio show highlighting upcoming area events:
- Sat. 10/18 - Sat. 10/26 - Go to www.celebratemydrive.com and vote for Lebanon High School each day to win a $100,000 Celebrate My Drive grant from State Farm and a concert by Kelly Clarkson. This is an initiative to emphasize safe driving for teens. For more information call 417-588-2777.
- Thr. 10/24 - Family Friendly Boo Bash in the Cowan Civic Center Exhibition Hall, Activities Include: Spook House Music and Dancing Candy and Prizes Inflatables and much more. For more information call the YMCA at 417-588-1177.
- Sat. 10/26 - 2nd Annual Rotary Route 66 Run of Lebanon. Proceeds to benefit Koats for Kids. Registration is 7:30 am to 8:30 am and race time is 9am. $20 t o preregister at www.rotarylebanonmo.com or $25 the day of the race and the 1 mile walk is $10. Call 417-718-0200 for information.
- Sat. 10/26 - 10 am until 2pm the Lebanon Police Department is conducting a Prescription Drug Take-Back, in the City Hall parking lot. This is a chance to safely dispose of expired, unwanted, or unused pharmaceuticals for proper destruction. Call 417-532-3131 for information.
- Thr. 10/31 - (Halloween) City Hall Council Chambers for the Blood Drive Bash from 10am-2pm. Call 417-991-2355 for details.
- Fri. 11/1 - Sun. 11/3 - 16th Annual Open House at Whirlwind Ranch. 10am to 4pm. Call 417-533-5280.
- Sat. 11/2 - 10am- Noon the American Heart Association and Cox Health will hold a Heart Chase event as Boswell Park. Teams of 2-5 participants will navigate through a series of games and activities to earn points for their team. For additional information contact Call 573-690-5482 or email: email@example.com
- Thr. 11/7 - Wall of Honor Banquet at the Cowan Civic Center with social hour starting at 5:30 and dinner at 6pm. RSVP to the Chamber by October 31. Event cost is $20 per person can you can reserve your seat by contacting the chamber. You can sponsor a table for $300 for details on this package call the chamber. 417-588-3256.
- Fri. 11/8 - Sat. 11/9 - ARRL (American Radio Relay League) Midwest Convention is at the Cowan Civic Center. Visit www.arrl.org for details. Special appearance by Steven Nagel, former NASA Astronaut.
- Thr. 11/14 - Host Lions Club and Mercy hospital will hold the 2nd Annual a Day in the Life of Diabetes from 8:30a-2p. Seating is limited, to register call Shannon Smith at 417-533-6335
- Sat. 11/16 - COPE Trivia Night with dinner at 6pm and trivia is from 7pm-10pm at the Cowan Civic Center. Please call 417-533-5201 for details. All proceeds go COPE.
- Sat. 11/23 - Lebanon Christmas Parade starting at 11am. If you are entering a float please turn in your forms by Wednesday, November 20th. No cost to enter a float. Call 417-588-3256 for information.
- Fri. 11/29 - Sun. 12/1 - World’s premier Co-Ed Roller Derby Education Event at the Cowan Civic Center with competitions, classes, booths, parties and fun. Join into the “Beat Me Halfway 2013” by visiting www.beatmehalfway.com.
Remember to tune in to KJEL 103.7 FM every Wednesday at 8:20 AM for the weekly "Trip Around the Ozarks." If you have an event that you would like featured on "Trip Around the Ozarks" please e-mail Jeff Porter at firstname.lastname@example.org