A recap of the City's weekly radio show highlighting upcoming area events:
- Fri. 10/11 - Sat. 10/12 - Annual Chicken Festival at the Cackle Hatchery, 411 West Commercial in Lebanon from 9am to 8pm. Fun for the whole family, contests, games, poultry presentations, seminars, refreshments and even a human size chicken. Call 417-532-4581 for details.
- Fri. 10/11 - Sat. 10/12 - Agriculture Appreciation Days 2nd Year at the Cowan Civic Center & Mills Center. Start time is 9am on Saturday and 10am on Sunday. ACA Dog Show both days; Heart of America Walking Horse Show on Saturday. Speaker and vendors and food on both days. Come see what is going on in agriculture and for information call Kevin at 417-718-4182.
- Fri. 10/11 - Sat. 10/12 - Clarence Holland Memorial Cancer Derby at Bennett Spring State Park. Call 417-532-4307 for details or visit www.bennettspringstatepark.com.
- Sat. 10/12 - Make a Wish for Paige 5K Charity Walk/Run at Harke Park in Lebanon. Registration is 745am-845am on race day and the race starts at 9am. Or you can preregister at Arvest Bank. Cost is $20 in advance and $25 day of the race. Call 417-533-3885 for information.
- Tue. 10/15 - 7pm prior to the City Council Meeting, there will be a rededication of the Bicentennial Tapestry. It will be hung in City Hall and you are welcome to attend. For details call 417-532-4642.
- Sat. 10/18 - Sat. 10/26 - Go to www.celebratemydrive.com and vote for Lebanon High School each day to win a $100,000 Celebrate My Drive grant from State Farm and a concert by Kelly Clarkson. This is an initiative to emphasize safe driving for teens. For more information call 417-588-2777.
- Thr. 10/24 - YMCA Boo Bash is back call 417-588-1177 for details.
- Sat. 10/26 - 2nd Annual Rotary Route 66 Run of Lebanon. Proceeds to benefit Koats for Kids. Registration is 7:30 am to 8:30 am and race time is 9am. $20 t o preregister at www.rotarylebanonmo.com or $25 the day of the race and the 1 mile walk is $10. Call 417-718-0200 for information.
- Thr. 10/31 - (Halloween) City Hall Council Chambers for the Blood Drive Bash from 10am-2pm. Call 417-991-2355 for details.
- Fri. 11/1 - Sun. 11/3 - 16th Annual Open House at Whirlwind Ranch. 10am to 4pm. Call 417-533-5280.
- Thr. 11/7 - Wall of Honor Banquet at the Cowan Civic Center with social hour starting at 5:30 and dinner at 6pm. RSVP to the Chamber by October 31. Event cost is $20 per person can you can reserve your seat by contacting the chamber. You can sponsor a table for $300 for details on this package call the chamber. 417-588-3256.
- Fri. 11/8 - Sat. 11/9 - ARRL (American Radio Relay League) Midwest Convention is at the Cowan Civic Center. Visit www.arrl.org for details. Special appearance by Steven Nagel, former NASA Astronaut.
- Sat. 11/16 - COPE Trivia Night with dinner at 6pm and trivia is from 7pm-10pm at the Cowan Civic Center. Please call 417-533-5201 for details. All proceeds go COPE.
- Sat. 11/23 - Lebanon Christmas Parade starting at 11am. If you are entering a float please turn in your forms by Wednesday, November 20th. No cost to enter a float. Call 417-588-3256 for information.
- Fri. 11/29 - Sun. 12/1 - World’s premier Co-Ed Roller Derby Education Event at the Cowan Civic Center with competitions, classes, booths, parties and fun. Join into the “Beat Me Halfway 2013” by visiting www.beatmehalfway.com.
Remember to tune in to KJEL 103.7 FM every Wednesday at 8:20 AM for the weekly "Trip Around the Ozarks." If you have an event that you would like featured on "Trip Around the Ozarks" please e-mail Jeff Porter at firstname.lastname@example.org