A recap of the City's weekly radio show highlighting upcoming area events:
- Sat. 9/28 - Fall Festival 2013 sponsored by the Knights of Columbus from 5pm to 11pm at the St. Francis de Sales Parish Center with food, drinks, music and casino games. Must be 21. $15 in advance and $20 at the door. Call 417-532-5933 for info.
- Sat. 9/28 - 2013 Relay for Life Laclede County at Boswell Park. Come out with your lawn chair at Boswell Park, live music from 1pm to 5pm. Live auctions from 5pm -7pm and Luminars are at 7pm with Zumba and line dancing at 9pm. Call 417-531-4142 for details.
- Sat. 9/28 - 8am to 2pm the Lebanon Art Guild & Gallery in cooperation with the Lebanon Humane Society will hold a Pet Adoption and Bake Sale at the gallery. Take a tour of the gallery, pick up a home-made snack from the bake sale and drop off pet food to donate. Call 417-532-1832 for more information.
- Sat. 10/5 - Walk-N-Roll for RETT at Atchley Park in Lebanon. This event will benefit Chelsie Bracket and RETT Research. Registration for bikes and motorcycles start at 9am; registration for runners and walkers begins at 9:30am. Free lunch, speakers and music will start afterwards at 11:15. Cost is $25. For information contact the First United Methodist Church.
- Sat. 10/5 - Unexpected Surfer Boys at the Cowan Civic Center at 7pm, this is the kick off of the Lebanon Concert Association 2013-2014 season. This is a full show about a bachelor getting ready for his big day and featuring hits from the Beach Boys. Tickets start at $20 call 417-532-2990 for details.
- Sat. 10/5 - Benefit Auction for Tre a young boy with a rare form of childhood cancer at Christian Health Care South at 514 W. Freemont Road in Lebanon. 12-4 is an American Red Cross Blood Drive, all donors receive a voucher for the chili dinner that night at 4pm where they will hold the auction with children’s art, pies and quilts and donations from local business. Free entertainment by Random Axxess from 1pm-3pm.
- Fri. 10/11 - Sat. 10/12 - Annual Chicken Festival at the Cackle Hatchery, 411 West Commercial in Lebanon from 9am to 8pm. Fun for the whole family, contests, games, poultry presentations, seminars, refreshments and even a human size chicken. Call 417-532-4581 for details.
- Fri. 10/11 - Sat. 10/12 - Agriculture Appreciation Days 2nd Year at the Cowan Civic Center & Mills Center. Start time is 9am on Saturday and 10am on Sunday. ACA Dog Show both days; Heart of America Walking Horse Show on Saturday. Speaker and vendors and food on both days. Come see what is going on in agriculture and for information call Kevin at 417-718-4182.
- Sat. 10/12 - Make a Wish for Paige 5K Charity Walk/Run at Harke Park in Lebanon. Registration is 745am-845am on race day and the race starts at 9am. Or you can preregister at Arvest Bank. Cost is $20 in advance and $25 day of the race. Call 417-533-3885 for information.
- Fri. 10/25 - YMCA Boo Bash is back call 417-588-1177 for details.
- Sat. 10/26 - 2nd Annual Rotary Route 66 Run of Lebanon. Proceeds to benefit Koats for Kids. Registration is 7:30 am to 8:30 am and race time is 9am. $20 t o preregister at www.rotarylebanonmo.com or $25 the day of the race and the 1 mile walk is $10. Call 417-718-0200 for information.
- Thr. 10/31 - (Halloween) City Hall Council Chambers for the Blood Drive Bash from 10am-2pm. Call 417-991-2355 for details.
Remember to tune in to KJEL 103.7 FM every Wednesday at 8:20 AM for the weekly "Trip Around the Ozarks." If you have an event that you would like featured on "Trip Around the Ozarks" please e-mail Judy Fortner at email@example.com