A recap of the City's weekly radio show highlighting upcoming area events:
- Wed. 7/31 & Sat. 8/3 - 45th Annual Brumley Gospel Sing. They have a top of the line show planned for each day, Thursday-Saturday matinees are at 1pm and evening shows at 7pm, and 6pm on Saturday. Go to www.brumleymusic.com for details. You can get tickets locally at the Cowan Civic Center or Lebanon Bible and Book Store or call 800-435-3725.
- Thr. 8/8 - The 11th Annual Friends of the Fort Golf Tournament at Great Life Golf & Fitness in Lebanon. Joining 2 people from the community with 2 members from Fort Leonard Wood. Registration is at noon and tee time is 1pm. $50 for Solders/Retirees; $75 for Friend of the Fort members; $100 for non members. Price includes lunch, golf cart, AUSA Barbecue after the tournament. You can join us at the BBQ only for $10 per person; Social hour is 5pm and dinner at 6pm. For more info contact 417-588-3256.
- Thr. 8/15 - Mid-Missouri Eagle Pasta Night for COPE at Madison Street Grill at 5:45 and 7:45. Cost is $100 per plate and the proceeds go to COPE which provides services to victims and their children suffering from abuse. Call 417-533-5201 for reservations.
- Sat. 8/31 - Car Show from 5-8pm at the Treasure Chest Antique Mall at 818 East HWY 32. Open to all years makes & models for $5 per vehicle. 50/50 raffle, music, trivia fun and give-a-ways. Free to the public, contact Tim for info 417-650-0706.
- Fri. 8/30 - Monday 9/2 - Missouri State Horseshoe Pitching Championships at the Cowan Civic Center. Always free to watch, call 573-372-3650 for details.
- Sat. 9/7 - Case Knives XIX (19th) Celebration at the Shepherd Hills Factory Outlet in Lebanon. Info coming soon at www.CaseXX.com or call 417-532-7000.
- Fri. 9/20 - Cruise-In at the Library from 6-8pm, brought to you by the Lebanon-Laclede County Route 66 Society. All years & makes of cars and motorcycles welcome. Come listen to music, look at the cars and visit the Route 66 Museum and Kinderhook Treasures Gift Shop. Music by Total Package. Call 417-532-2148 for info.
Remember to tune in to KJEL 103.7 FM every Wednesday at 8:20 AM for the weekly "Trip Around the Ozarks." If you have an event that you would like featured on "Trip Around the Ozarks" please e-mail Judy Fortner at firstname.lastname@example.org