A recap of the City's weekly radio show highlighting upcoming area events:
- Fri. 6/14 - Celebrate Flag Day at the Veterans Memorial by the Cowan Civic Center at 6pm. Contact the Elks at 417-531-2085 for information.
- Fri. 6/14 - Dinner-Dance-Auction Fundraiser for S.C.A.N. at the Cowan Civic Center from 6pm-10pm. Cost is $20, tickets are sold in advance call Karen at 417-588-5118 (whole table rate avail.). Appetizers, silent and live auction and a dance with DJ “Jim Daniels”. S.C.A.N. (Supporters of Children with Additional Needs) is a local support group that supports families of children with conditions such as Downs Syndrome, Autism, Multiple Sclerosis, Cerebral Palsy, and Visual Impairment, among others.
- Fri. 6/14 - Sun. 6/16 - Hillbilly Days Bluegrass Festival at the Circle J Campitheater at Bennett Spring, 10290 Hwy. 64. Celebrate Father's Day weekend with music, BBQ, games, and vendors. Music is Fri/Sat with a Car Show on Sunday for all the details go to or www.circlejcampground.com call 417-532-4430.
- Sat. 6/15 - 4th Annual Zombie Walk in downtown Lebanon starting at 5pm by the 2nd Street Army Surplus, the walk is free but you can get sponsors and the Zombie Prom afterwards at the Elks Lodge is $7. All proceeds and donations go to the COPE House. Call 417-532-4115.
- Sat. 6/15 - 8th Annual USO Military Support Motorcycle Ride. Registration begins at 10am at the Ozark Harley Davidson in Lebanon. Riders depart at noon and travel to Fort Leonard Wood. Cost is $15 per motorcycle. Call 573-586-7221 for details. 100% of the money from this event will go to the Fort Leonard Wood USO. The USO uses the money to foster troop morale by purchasing food, electronics and care packages for Soldiers.
- Sat. 6/15 - O’Reilly Auto Parts presents The Breast Cancer Wellness Summer Fun Car Show at the Cowan Civic Center. Registration is from 9am-noon and judging starts at noon. Pancake breakfast from 8am to 11am for $3 and Santa Claus will be there to hand out trophies. For info call Randy @ 417-532-9863. All proceeds go to the local chapter of Breast Cancer Wellness.
- Sat. 6/22 - Our Town Your Town Celebration at the I-44 Speedway. $10 a carload and you get to enjoy the car race, festival, Monster Energy FMX show and fireworks. For more information call the Lebanon Area Chamber of Commerce at 417-588-3256.
- Sat. 6/22 - Live Music! Naturally Blended will be performing at the Elks Lodge, cost is $5 per person. Call Buffy for more info 417-532-2557.
- Sat. 6/29 & Sun. 6/30 - Midwest Derby Fest, Roller Derby Tournament at Cowan Civic Center: Saturday 8am -10pm and Sunday 8am – 8pm. Tickets are $20 a day or $30 for the weekend. Tickets are sold at the door. 34 games, 20 teams both women and men competing.
- Wed. 7/3 - 4th of July Salute to America NASCAR Show & Fireworks at the Lebanon I-44 Speedway. Visit www.144speedway.net for details.
- Thr. 7/4 - Sat. 7/6 - Starvy Creek Bluegrass Festival. This festival is outside with names featured like Dailey and Vincent, Dale Ann Bradley and Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver and so many more. Show times are Thursday at 6:30pm, Friday and Saturday starting at noon. Cost is $15 for Thursday and $20 on Friday or Saturday or $45 for a 3 day pass. Children under 12 are free and ages 12-16 are half price with an adult ticket. Visit www.starvycreek.com for the full line up and details.
- Mon. 7/8 - Sat. 7/13 - Laclede County Fair: Laclede County Fairgrounds by the Cowan Civic Center. For information call 417-322-5349 or visit www.extension.missouri.edu/laclede/fair.aspx.
- Sat. 7/13 & Sun. 7/14 - Fiber U: Learn how you like your fiber, promoting fiber arts education in the Midwest. Free Admission. For class prices and to register for classes call 417-533-5280 or visit www.mopaca.org.
- Sat. 7/20 & Sun. 7/21 - Get Prepared Expo at the Cowan Civic Center. Visit www.usaprepares.com for information.
Remember to tune in to KJEL 103.7 FM every Wednesday at 8:20 AM for the weekly "Trip Around the Ozarks." If you have an event that you would like featured on "Trip Around the Ozarks" please e-mail Judy Fortner at email@example.com