A recap of the City's weekly radio show highlighting upcoming area events:
- Fri. 5/31 - COPE presents Zumba Fest at The Academy of Self Defense & Combative Arts in Lebanon. Zumba will be from 7pm-9pm. Bays Chiropractic will be giving chair massages from 6pm-7pm and there will be door prizes throughout the evening. Register to get a spot, call COPE at 417-533-5201.
- Sat. 6/1 - 7th Annual Fund Raiser to help the Back Pack Program for area children is at the Sleeper United Methodist Church (24899 Garden Crest Road) off of the Sleeper exit on I-44. The event is 4p-7p and features singing and fellowship along with a great BBQ menu. Price is Adults: $7 and Ages 3-8: $4.
- Sat. 6/1 - 11th Annual Kids’ Free Fishing Day at Nelson Park in Lebanon. 9am to 12pm. Inflatable’s, food, contests and prizes. Call the Parks Department @ 417-991-2222 for details.
- Sat. 6/1 - Rock the Skate Park at Nelson Park Skate competition at 3pm and The Disciples perform at 6pm. Call 417-532-1752 for info. Free admission.
- Sat. 6/1 - Run for the Clover 5k and 1mi Fun Run benefiting the Laclede Co. 4-H. Registration is at 7:30a and the race starts at 8a at Atchley Park. 5k is $20 and the Fun Run is $10, call 417-532-7126 for info.
- Sat. 6/1 - Alpha Krav Maga Workshop self-defense training at the Mills Center from 10a to 2p. $80 to train with one of the worlds best instructors, Sam Sade 44th degree black belt. Call 417-588-3317 for info.
- Sat. 6/8 & Sun. 6/9 - Missouri Statewide Free Fishing Day(s): No permits or tags are needed to fish, but other regulations still apply; call 573-751-4115 for details.
- Fri. 6/14 - Sun. 6/16 - Hillbilly Days Bluegrass Festival at the Circle J Campitheater at Bennett Spring, 10290 Hwy. 64. Celebrate Father's Day weekend with music, BBQ, games, and vendors. Music is Fri/Sat with a Car Show on Sunday for all the details go to or www.circlejcampground.com call 417-532-4430.
- Fri. 6/14 - Celebrate Flag Day at the Veterans Memorial by the Cowan Civic Center at 6pm. Contact the Elks at 417-531-2085 for information.
- Sat. 6/15 - 4th Annual Zombie Walk in downtown Lebanon starting at 5pm by the 2nd Street Army Surplus, the walk is free but you can get sponsors and the Zombie Prom afterwards at the Elks Lodge is $7. All proceeds and donations go to the COPE House. Call 417-532-4115.
- Sat. 6/15 - 8th Annual USO Military Support Motorcycle Ride. Registration begins at 10am at the Ozark Harley Davidson in Lebanon. Riders depart at noon and travel to Fort Leonard Wood. Cost is $15 per motorcycle. Call 573-586-7221 for details. 100% of the money from this event will go to the Fort Leonard Wood USO. The USO uses the money to foster troop morale by purchasing food, electronics and care packages for Soldiers.
- Sat. 6/22 - Our Town Your Town Celebration at the I-44 Speedway. $10 a carload and you get to enjoy the car race, festival, Monster Energy FMX show and fireworks. For more information call the Lebanon Area Chamber of Commerce at 417-588-3256.
- Sat. 6/29 & Sun. 6/30 - Midwest Derby Fest, Roller Derby Tournament at Cowan Civic Center: Saturday 8am -10pm and Sunday 8am – 8pm. Tickets are $20 a day or $30 for the weekend. Tickets are sold at the door. 34 games, 20 teams both women and men competing.
Remember to tune in to KJEL 103.7 FM every Wednesday at 8:20 AM for the weekly "Trip Around the Ozarks." If you have an event that you would like featured on "Trip Around the Ozarks" please e-mail Judy Fortner at firstname.lastname@example.org