A recap of the City's weekly radio show highlighting upcoming area events:
- Sat. 5/25 - “Wagons for Warriors” is coming Memorial Day weekend at Cowan Civic Center cooking up a great meal and all proceeds go to help Wounded Warriors. Tickets are $10 and 5 and under are free. Tickets are available at the Chamber, Mid-Missouri Credit Union, Mid Missouri Bank and Jones Investment Group. Call 417-532-1895 for information.
- Fri. 5/31 - COPE presents Zumba Fest at The Academy of Self Defense & Combative Arts in Lebanon. Zumba will be from 7pm-9pm. Bays Chiropractic will be giving chair massages from 6pm-7pm and there will be door prizes throughout the evening. Register to get a spot, call COPE at 417-533-5201.
- Sat. 6/1 - 11th Annual Kids’ Free Fishing Day at Nelson Park in Lebanon. 9am to 12pm. Inflatable’s, food, contests and prizes. Call the Parks Department @ 417-991-2222 for details.
- Sat. 6/1 - Rock the Skate Park at Nelson Park Skate competition at 3pm and The Disciples perform at 6pm. Call 417-532-1752 for info. Free admission.
- Sat. 6/8 & Sun. 6/9 - Missouri Statewide Free Fishing Day(s): No permits or tags are needed to fish, but other regulations still apply; call 573-751-4115 for details.
- Fri. 6/14 - Celebrate Flag Day at the Veterans Memorial by the Cowan Civic Center at 6pm. Contact the Elks at 417-531-2085 for information.
- Sat. 6/15 - 4th Annual Zombie Walk in downtown Lebanon starting at 5pm by the 2nd Street Army Surplus, the walk is free but you can get sponsors and the Zombie Prom afterwards at the Elks Lodge is $7. All proceeds and donations go to the COPE House. Call 417-532-4115.
- Sat. 6/15 - 8th Annual USO Military Support Motorcycle Ride. Registration begins at 10am at the Ozark Harley Davidson in Lebanon. Riders depart at noon and travel to Fort Leonard Wood. Cost is $15 per motorcycle. Call 573-586-7221 for details. 100% of the money from this event will go to the Fort Leonard Wood USO. The USO uses the money to foster troop morale by purchasing food, electronics and care packages for Soldiers.
- Sat. 6/22 - Our Town Your Town Celebration at the I-44 Speedway. $10 a carload and you get to enjoy the car race, festival, Monster Energy FMX show and fireworks. For more information call the Lebanon Area Chamber of Commerce at 417-588-3256.
- Sat. 6/29 & Sun. 6/30 - Midwest Derby Fest, Roller Derby Tournament at Cowan Civic Center: Saturday 8am -10pm and Sunday 8am – 8pm. Tickets are $20 a day or $30 for the weekend. Tickets are sold at the door. 34 games, 20 teams both women and men competing.
Remember to tune in to KJEL 103.7 FM every Wednesday at 8:20 AM for the weekly "Trip Around the Ozarks." If you have an event that you would like featured on "Trip Around the Ozarks" please e-mail Judy Fortner at email@example.com