A recap of the City's weekly radio show highlighting upcoming area events:
- Sat. 4/6 & Sun. 4/7 - Get Prepared Expo at the Cowan Civic Center for info visit www.usaprepares.com.
- Mon. 4/8 - Shrine Circus at the Cowan Civic Center. Tickets are $14 for 12 and under and $18 for adults. Show times are 4:30pm and 7:30pm. Call 417-833-3588 for info.
- Sat. 4/13 - 5th Annual Run For Clean Water 5K/1M Fundraiser at Atchley Park for clean water efforts locally and around the world. Register early at Hairy’s Salon and get a free hair care sample. Call 417-588-9588 for information.
- Sat. 4/13 - Princess Tea Party to benefit The Strong Kids Scholarship Program with the Lebanon Family YMCA. Get your little princess’s picture with a favorite princess of hers and have cookies and tea or a horse drawn carriage ride, different packages are available. Call the YMCA at 417-588-1177 for details and pricing.
- Tue. 4/16 - Lebanon Concert Association presents the Abbey Road Band at 7pm. Contact number is 417-532-2990.
- Sat. 4/20 - Lebanon Earth Day Street Fair from 1 – 4pm in Downtown Lebanon, featuring live music, arts, crafts, food and fun all for free! FREE Vendor space available. Call Patty at 417-664-9464 or Judy at 417-588-1605. Drop off for recycling is at Public Works from 10am – 1pm and select products can be dropped of behind the Laclede County Courthouse and at 941 Utah.
- Fri. 4/19 & Thu. 4/25 - Show Me Green Sales Tax Holiday: Purchase of a qualified Energy Star certified new appliance in the City of Lebanon up to $1500 per appliance will be exempt from local and state sales tax. For details contact the chamber at 417-588-3256.
- Sat. 4/27 - 10th Annual Mercy Me Run This year’s event features a 5K and 10K race. Both events begin at 8:30 am at Mercy Fitness Center. Parking will be available at the hospital south lot near urgent care and the pharmacy. T-shirts are included for participants who register on or before April 10th. Register at Mercy Website.
- Sat. 5/4 - Walk & 5K Run for Wishes
Run for Hannah: Register at 830 am and race starts at 9am at Harke Park
2901 National Street. Preregistration is $20 before April 20th at Bays
Chiropractic and $25 the day of the race. Call 417-532-6251 for details.
Help make a wish come true.
- Sat. 5/4 - Kid’s Free Fishing Day at Bennett Spring State Park, 417-532-4307 or 417-532-4418.
- Sat. 5/11 - 19th Annual Classic Car Show at the Lebanon High School. Register 8am-Noon; judging is Noon-2pm with awards at 3pm. Presented by the Lebanon Tech Center & O’Reilly Auto Parts.
- Sat. 5/11 - Central Bank Garage Sale at the Cowan Civic Center. Call 417-532-2151 for details.
- Sat. 5/18 - Trash to Treasure Swap Meet at the Lebanon Fairgrounds from 8am to 3pm. Free admission.
- Sat. 5/18 & Sun. 5/19 - Art in Bloom at Marilyn’s Nursery call 417-532-1895 for details.
- Sat. 5/18 - Free Youth Seminar (ages 6-17) and Tim Bradley Shooting Demonstration at the High Prairie Trap & Skeet; call 417-532-7612 for details. You must preregister for the youth seminar.
Remember to tune in to KJEL 103.7 FM every Wednesday at 8:20 AM for the weekly "Trip Around the Ozarks." If you have an event that you would like featured on "Trip Around the Ozarks" please e-mail Judy Fortner at email@example.com