A recap of the City's weekly radio show highlighting upcoming area events:
- Fri. 2/15 - The Lebanon Art Guild will have basket making classes on February 15th and Intro to Woodcarving on February 23rd and 24th. Pre-registration is required for both. Call 417-531-1832 for prices and registration information.
- Sat. 2/16 - COPE Annual Chili Cook Off at the Cowan Civic Center. Call 417-533-5201 for information.
- Sat. 2/16 - Valentine’s Dinner at the Wallace Building with Comedian David Graham. This is sponsored by Cross Creek Church and tickets are $7.00 now through February 10th then they go to $10. Call 417-650-0647 for info.
- Sat. 2/23 & Sun. 2/24 - R.K Gun & Knife Show at the Cowan Civic Center. Call 563-927-8176 for details or visit www.rkshows.com and they have a $1 off coupon for admission.
- Fri. 3/1 - Opening Day of trout season at Bennett Spring State Park call 417-532-4307 for info or visit www.bennettspringstatepark.com
- Sat. 3/2 - 6th Annual Mid-Missouri Percussion Arts Trophy from 8am-9pm in the Cowan Civic Center. Featuring a rich palette of musical styles it is more than a national competition; it is an all day event featuring world-class soloist, Nathan Daughtrey, and a spectacular concert appealing to everyone. "All Day Tickets" are $10, and entitles you to come and go (with wristband). For info Call Carol Helble at 417-718-8986.
- Sat. 3/9 - Indoor Triathlon and Duathlon at the Lebanon YMCA. For more details contact Jeremy at 417-588-1177. Cost is $25 per person and includes a shirt. Deadline for registration is March 7th at noon.
- Sun. 3/10 - Shepherd Hills Bull Sale at the Laclede County Fairgrounds. Call 417-532-7000 for details.
- Sat. 3/16 - Annual Spring Community Garage Sale at the Cowan Civic Center from 8am to 2pm and admission is Free. Call 417-532-4642 for details. They have a very limited amount of booths left.
- Sat. 3/16 - Laclede County Literacy Council’s Corned Beef and Cabbage Dinner is on March 16th at the First Christian Church from 4pm – 7pm. Tickets are $7 for adults and $4 for children 10 and under and are available at the Library after February 9th.
- Fri. 3/22 & Sat. 3/23 - Lebanon Host Lions Club presents Gospel & Bluegrass Weekend on March 22-23 at the Cowan Civic Center. Starting Friday at 7pm and Saturday at 2pm. Tickets are $10 on Friday and $20 on Saturday or the entire weekend is $25. Tickets are available at Morgan Music or call 417-532-6502.
- Sat. 3/30 - Calmageddon Spring Break Concert to raise money for the Community Arts Programs. Bands, Dancers, artists and vendors will entertain you all day at the Ag Barn starting at 10 am. Tickets are $8 in advance and $10 at the door, you can get them at Ozark Visions or online at calm.ticketleap.com.
- Sat. 4/13 - 5th Annual Run For Clean Water 5K/1M Fundraiser at Atchley Park for clean water efforts locally and around the world. Register early at Hairy’s Salon and get a free hair care sample. Call 417-588-9588 for information.
- Sat. 4/13 - Princess Tea Party to benefit The Strong Kids Scholarship Program with the Lebanon Family YMCA. Get your little princess’s picture with a favorite princess of hers and have cookies and tea or a horse drawn carriage ride, different packages are available. Call the YMCA at 417-588-1177 for details and pricing.
Remember to tune in to KJEL 103.7 FM every Wednesday at 8:20 AM for the weekly "Trip Around the Ozarks." If you have an event that you would like featured on "Trip Around the Ozarks" please e-mail Judy Fortner at email@example.com