A recap of the City's weekly radio show highlighting upcoming area events:
- Sat. 2/16 - COPE Annual Chili Cook Off at the Cowan Civic Center. Call 417-533-5201 for information.
- Sat. 2/16 - Valentine’s Dinner at the Wallace Building with Comedian David Graham. This is sponsored by Cross Creek Church and tickets are $7.00 now through February 10th then they go to $10. Call 417-650-0647 for info.
- Sat. 2/23 & Sun. 2/24 - R.K Gun & Knife Show at the Cowan Civic Center. Call 563-927-8176 for details or visit www.rkshows.com and they have a $1 off coupon for admission.
- Fri. 3/1 - Opening Day of trout season at Bennett Spring State Park call 417-532-4307 for info or visit www.bennettspringstatepark.com
- Sat. 3/2 - 6th Annual Mid-Missouri Percussion Arts Trophy from 8am-9pm in the Cowan Civic Center. Featuring a rich palette of musical styles it is more than a national competition; it is an all day event featuring world-class soloist, Nathan Daughtrey, and a spectacular concert appealing to everyone. "All Day Tickets" are $10, and entitles you to come and go (with wristband). For info Call Carol Helble at 417-718-8986.
- Sat. 3/9 - Indoor Triathlon and Duathlon at the Lebanon YMCA. For more details contact Jeremy at 417-588-1177. Cost is $25 per person and includes a shirt. Deadline for registration is March 7th at noon.
- Sun. 3/10 - Shepherd Hills Bull Sale at the Laclede County Fairgrounds. Call 417-532-7000 for details.
- Sat. 3/16 - Annual Spring Community Garage Sale at the Cowan Civic Center from 8am to 2pm and admission is Free. Call 417-532-4642 for details. They have a very limited amount of booths left.
- Fri. 3/22 & Sat. 3/23 - Lebanon Host Lions Club presents Gospel & Bluegrass Weekend on March 22-23 at the Cowan Civic Center. Starting Friday at 7pm and Saturday at 2pm. Tickets are $10 on Friday and $20 on Saturday or the entire weekend is $25. Tickets are available at Morgan Music or call 417-532-6502.
- Sat. 4/16 - 5th Annual Run For Clean Water 5K/1M Fundraiser at Atchley Park for clean water efforts locally and around the world. Register early at Hairy’s Salon and get a free hair care sample. Call 417-588-9588 for information.
Remember to tune in to KJEL 103.7 FM every Wednesday at 8:20 AM for the weekly "Trip Around the Ozarks." If you have an event that you would like featured on "Trip Around the Ozarks" please e-mail Judy Fortner at firstname.lastname@example.org