A recap of the City's weekly radio show highlighting upcoming area events:
- Sat. 12/1 - Miss Merrie Christmas Pageant at the Cowan Civic Center. Applications are available and accepted at the Chamber of Commerce through November 16th. Call 417-532-3293 for details.
- Sat. 12/1 - Lion’s Chili Day starting at 11am in the Conway Community Building & then the Annual Christmas Parade through Conway starts at 1pm. If you are in the parade, line up starts at 12:30 at the old grade school. Contact Dalton Owens at 417-589-2563 for details.
- Sun. 12/2 - Free Holiday Tea Party at the Lebanon Art Guild & Gallery from 1-3pm. They have handmade gift items like: ornaments, paintings, pottery, and Christmas items. For details call 417-588-3768.
- Thurs. 12/6 - 399th Army Band presents free Winter Wonderland Concert 7pm at the Cowan Civic Center.
- Fri. 12/7 - Christmas in the Park at Atchley Park. Free event to the public! Includes a 5K run, pictures with Santa, hay rides, face painting, storytelling, Christmas lights and displays throughout Atchley Park. Call 417-991-2222 for info.
- Fri. 12/7 - Lebanon Concert Association presents George Dyer, Christmas Program featuring a mix of opera and Broadway favorites. Visit www.lebanonconcertassociation.com for info.
- Sat. 1/5 - CBR Horizon Show-Me State Shootout Bull Riding to the Cowan Civic Center. Showtime is 7:30pm and tickets are $12 to $28, online at www.barclaypro.com or at JR’s Western Store and Graven Dodge from Dec 1- Jan 5.
- Sat. 1/12 - Mad Dog Demolition Derby at Cowan Civic Center at 7pm. Come see the metal crushing car-smashing battle. You’ll see Mini car derby, Full-size Derby mayhem. It’s total destruction that you, your friends and family will race to attend! www.motorheadevents.com
- Fri. 1/25 & Sat. 1/26 - Monster Energy Arenacross & Freestyle Show at Cowan Civic Center at 7:30pm. Amazing riders compete, soaring over 60 ft in the air. From the 50cc kids, to the Pro’s on 450cc straight off the AMA Supercross circuit, these guy’s will leave you gasping in amazement! www.motorheadevents.com
Remember to tune in to KJEL 103.7 FM every Wednesday at 8:20 AM for the weekly "Trip Around the Ozarks." If you have an event that you would like featured on "Trip Around the Ozarks" please e-mail Judy Fortner at firstname.lastname@example.org