Posted on October 4, 2012 at 12:48 PM by Dustin Hall
A recap of the City's weekly radio show highlighting upcoming area events:
- Fri. 9/28 - Opening night at Ozark Nightmares Haunted House: 7pm-11pm every Friday and Saturday and Halloween night. Tickets are $7.50 and you can find them on facebook or visit their website www.ozarknightmares.com.
- Sat. 9/29 - The Lebanon Rotary Club presents the drive-in movie Pirates of the Caribbean at dusk. $2 a person or $5 for a car load at the Cowan Civic Center.
- Sat. 10/6 - National Wild Turkey Federation Banquet at the Cowan Civic Center, doors open at 5:30 pm and dinner starts at 7 pm. Contact Karen or Tisha at 417-532-7612 for tickets.
- Sun. 10/7 - Cross Creek Church presents a free concert at Atchley Park by the Pans of Praise, touring from Trinidad and Tobago. For information call 417-650-0647.
- Fri. 10/12 - The Kiwanis present the drive-in movie, Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax in the Cowan Civic Center Parking Lot, movie starts at dusk and the cost is $2 per person or $5 per carload.
- Sat. 10/13 - Community Garage Sale at Cowan Civic Center from 8am-2pm. Call 417-532-4642 for booth information. Free admission to the public.
- Sat. 10/13 - Camp Barnabas Festival & Fundraiser at Stoutland Elementary. Games, cake walk, auction, chili supper and much more. Contact Karen Phipps at 417-588-5118 for donations, proceeds go to help send special needs children to camp.
- Sat. 10/20 - Knights of Columbus Fall Festival from 5pm-11pm at the St. Francis De Sales Parish Center. The event its for ages 21 and over. Tickets are $15 in advance or $20 at the door. Food and drinks provided. Music, casino games and an auction. For details contact 417-288-2596.
- Sat. 10/20 - Fall Festival for Customer Appreciation Day at Smitty’s 10am-6pm with a pumpkin patch for kids and great BBQ to purchase. A Car Show 10am-2pm, donate money to the car of your choice and the one with the most donations wins. All proceeds go to Breast Cancer Wellness. Plus specials in the store all day.
- Sat. 10/26 - Boo Bash presented by Lebanon Parks & Recreation and YMCA from 6pm-8pm at the Cowan Civic Center. Games, costume contests, a costume parade, prizes and treats. Admission is FREE. Call 417-588-1177 x203 for more details.
- Sat. 11/3 - All Day Bluegrass Concert presented by the Lebanon Hosts Lions Club at the Cowan Civic Center starting at 2 pm. This features Kenny and Amanda Smith and tickets are $15 in advance and $20 at the door. Call 417-532-6502 or visit Morgan Music for tickets.
- Fri. 11/2 - Sun. 11/4 - 15th Annual Whirlwind Alpaca Ranch Open House. Visit www.whirlwindranch.com for information. They have a sale on all their merchandise made from Alpaca fiber. You have to check out the handmade scarves and rugs.
- Fri. 11/9 - Catch & Release Trout fishing begins, make plans for your trip to Bennett Spring State Park this fall. Visit www.bennettspringstatepark.com.
- Fri. 11/9 - Lebanon Concert Association continues with Celtic Fire, an Irish music and dance show that will be a magical show with amazing Irish step dancing. The show will be at 7pm at the Cowan Civic Center. www.lebanonconcertassociation.com
- Sat. 11/10 - 1st Annual Route 66 Rotary Run of Lebanon. Race time is 10am starting at the Mills Center; race day registration is 8:30-9:30. Contact Keith at 417-718-0200 or register at www.omrr.org.
- Sat. 11/10 - Veterans Holiday Bazaar at the American Legion on 2538 Evergreen Pkwy. It is 8am-4pm. with FREE ADMISSION. This is open to handmade arts, crafts, services, bazaar items and misc. goods. Contact the Legion via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for booth information.
Remember to tune in to KJEL 103.7 FM every Wednesday at 8:20 AM for the weekly "Trip Around the Ozarks." If you have an event that you would like featured on "Trip Around the Ozarks" please e-mail Judy Fortner at email@example.com