A recap of the City's weekly radio show highlighting upcoming area events:
- Thurs. 8/21 - Congresswoman Vicki Hartzler's office will be holding a job fair at the Cowan Civic Center from 10a-2p. It is anticipated that the experience and education levels of attendees will be diverse. They hope to provide a one-stop employment shopping experience for employers and potential employees alike.
- Tue. 8/26 - BINGO! A night of food, vendors and BINGO: A Fundraising event starting at 5:30pm (8/26) for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer being held on October 25th at Jordan Valley Park in Springfield. Come early to shop vendors and earn an additional BINGO card with a $5.00 purchase. Additional raffle tickets will be available at $5 for 6 and $10 for 15. Call Jenny at 417-532-4395 or Jessica at 417-288-5016 for info.
- Fri. 8/29 - A free Gospel Concert at the Cowan Civic Center Theater presented by Wayne Truelove and the Boswell Family featuring Gold City. Also Appearing will be the Truelove Quartet. Doors open at 6 and the concert gets underway at 7. Love Offerings will be accepted.
- Fri. 8/29 - Sat. 8/31 - The State Championship for the Missouri Horse Pitchers association begins. Missouri Horseshoe Pitchers Association will be presenting the state championships at the Cowan Civic Center for the 4th year in a row in the exhibition hall. The event is free and open to spectators.
- Sat. 8/30 - The Fort Niangua Mud Run taking place at the Fort Niangua River Resort. The event will be from 2 – 7, $10 per person, Kids under 12 are free. There will be Mud Truck Races, Music, Bonfire and Food Vendors.
- FYI: The next regularly scheduled City Council meeting will be Monday, August 25th in the council chambers at City Hall.
Remember to tune in to KJEL 103.7 FM every Wednesday at 8:20 AM for the weekly "Trip Around the Ozarks." If you have an event that you would like featured on "Trip Around the Ozarks" please e-mail Tourism Director Bruce Conklin at email@example.com