A recap of the City's weekly radio show highlighting upcoming area events:
- Wed. 8/6 - Sat. 8/9 - The Brumley Gospel Sing is back! (Recently named a AAA Midwest Travel Treasure) August 6-9 are going to be four nights jammed packed with the best Southern Gospel and Gospel/Bluegrass music to be found anywhere. The whole event will be taking place for the 9th year at the Kenneth Cowan Civic Center located at 500 E. Elm Street in Lebanon. Go to www.brumleymusic.com for event information.
- Sat. 8/9 - The Conway Back to School Fair is from 1p-5p in Conway: For info call Beth Dye at (573) 765-3183.
- Mon. 8/11 - The Lebanon’s back to school fair will be from 10-6. There will be free haircuts, vision screening, books, face painting and more. The event is being held at the Mills Center, and is open to the public without preregistration. To get more information you can contact Amber Meredith 417-664-2290.
- Thurs. 8/21 - Congresswoman Vicki Hartzler's office will be holding a job fair at the Cowan Civic Center from 10a-2p. It is anticipated that the experience and education levels of attendees will be diverse. They hope to provide a one-stop employment shopping experience for employers and potential employees alike.
- Fri. 8/29 - Sat. 8/31 - The State Championship for the Missouri Horse Pitchers association begins. Missouri Horseshoe Pitchers Association will be presenting the state championships at the Cowan Civic Center for the 4th year in a row in the exhibition hall. The event is free and open to spectators.
- Sat. 8/30 - The Fort Niangua Mud Run taking place at the Fort Niangua River Resort. The event will be from 2 – 7, $10 per person, Kids under 12 are free. There will be Mud Truck Races, Music, Bonfire and Food Vendors.
- FYI: The next regularly scheduled City Council meeting will be Monday, August 11th in the council chambers at City Hall.
Remember to tune in to KJEL 103.7 FM every Wednesday at 8:20 AM for the weekly "Trip Around the Ozarks." If you have an event that you would like featured on "Trip Around the Ozarks" please e-mail Tourism Director Bruce Conklin at email@example.com