Posted on July 23, 2014 at 3:03 PM by Dustin Hall
A recap of the City's weekly radio show highlighting upcoming area events:
- Fri. 8/1 - Sun. 8/3 - The Gospel Spectacular 2014 kicks off. This three day event is being held between the Cowan Civic Center and Lifepoint church. It will feature acts like New Horizons, the Truelove Quartet, Final Authority and more. Check the city’s event calendar on this site or call KTTK at 417-588-1435 to get location and event details.
- Wed. 8/6 - Sat. 8/9 - The Brumley Gospel Sing is back! (Recently named a AAA Midwest Travel Treasure) August 6-9 are going to be four nights jammed packed with the best Southern Gospel and Gospel/Bluegrass music to be found anywhere. The whole event will be taking place for the 9th year at the Kenneth Cowan Civic Center located at 500 E. Elm Street in Lebanon. Go to www.brumleymusic.com for event information.
- Sat. 8/9 - The Conway Back to School Fair is from 1p-5p in Conway: For info call Beth Dye at (573) 765-3183.
- Mon. 8/11 - The Lebanon’s back to school fair will be from 10-6. There will be free haircuts, vision screening, books, face painting and more. The event is being held at the Mills Center, and is open to the public without preregistration. To get more information you can contact Amber Meredith 417-664-2290.
- Thurs. 8/21 - Congresswoman Vicki Hartzler's office will be holding a job fair at the Cowan Civic Center from 10a-2p. It is anticipated that the experience and education levels of attendees will be diverse. They hope to provide a one-stop employment shopping experience for employers and potential employees alike.
- Fri. 8/29 - Sat. 8/31 - The State Championship for the Missouri Horse Pitchers association begins. Missouri Horseshoe Pitchers Association will be presenting the state championships at the Cowan Civic Center for the 4th year in a row in the exhibition hall. The event is free and open to spectators.
- Sat. 8/30 - The Trash to Treasure Swap Meet is from 8a-3p at at the Laclede County Fairgrounds. As always there will be something for everyone. So come on out and find some new treasures.
- FYI: For those art lovers out there, two local photographers will have their works on display at the Library here in Lebanon. They are both members of the Lebanon Art Guild and Lebanon Camera Club. The displays will be up for the rest of the month of July.
Remember to tune in to KJEL 103.7 FM every Wednesday at 8:20 AM for the weekly "Trip Around the Ozarks." If you have an event that you would like featured on "Trip Around the Ozarks" please e-mail Tourism Director Bruce Conklin at email@example.com