Posted on July 2, 2014 at 10:04 AM by Dustin Hall
A recap of the City's weekly radio show highlighting upcoming area events:
- Thu. 7/3 - Sat. 7/5 - The 29th Annual Starvy Creek Bluegrass Festival in Conway. This three day event starts at 6:30 on Thursday and is full of bluegrass talent. Get more information on the event at starvycreek.com.
- Thu. 7/3 - I-44 Speedway's Annual 4th of July Feature Race and fireworks show. This year promises to be the best one yet. Gates open at 5:00, hotlaps at 5:30 and racing starts at 7:00 with fireworks to follow. NASCAR Driver Ken Schrader will be in attendance. Get more info at i44speedway.net.
- Fri. 7/4 - Midway Speedway Annual 4th of July Feature Race and fireworks show. Gates open at 5:00, hotlaps at 7:00, and racing starts at 8:00 with fireworks to follow. Get more info at lebanonmidwayspeedway.com.
- Mon. 7/7 - Sat. 7/12 - 2014 Laclede County Fair located at the fairgrounds behind the Civic Center. The fair will be here through Saturday the 12th. A schedule of events can be found at: goo.gl/qH3tZd.
- Sat. 7/12 - Sun. 7/13 - The 5th Annual Fiber U will be at the Cowan Civic Center Exhibition Hall. For more info visit: the City of Lebanon's Event Calendar.
- Sat. 7/12 - From 4p-9p is Cruise Night at The Mall. Bring your own classic car for a chance to win one of the many prizes available. There will be door Prizes, live music and fun for all ages. For more information call The Mall at 417-532-2643.
- Sat. 7/19 - Annual Zombie Walk followed by a Zombie Prom benefiting COPE House. Makeup Starts at noon at Commerce Bank, Zombies start their walk at 5PM. Then head over to the Wallace Building for Zombie Prom, 8 dollars in advance at Ozark Visions, 10 at the door, all proceeds are going to be donated to the COPE House.
- Wed. 8/6 - Sat. 8/9 - The Brumley Gospel Sing is back! (Recently named a AAA Midwest Travel Treasure) August 6-9 are going to be four nights jammed packed with the best Southern Gospel and Gospel/Bluegrass music to be found anywhere. The whole event will be taking place for the 9th year at the Kenneth Cowan Civic Center located at 500 E. Elm Street in Lebanon. Go to www.brumleymusic.com for event information.
Remember to tune in to KJEL 103.7 FM every Wednesday at 8:20 AM for the weekly "Trip Around the Ozarks." If you have an event that you would like featured on "Trip Around the Ozarks" please e-mail Tourism Director Bruce Conklin at email@example.com