A recap of the City's weekly radio show highlighting upcoming area events:
- Thu. 6/12 - Sun. 6/15 - Hillbilly Days are back. Enjoy an abundance of activities all being thrown by the businesses in the area surrounding Bennett Springs State Park. There will be art exhibitions, vendors, bands, and a Mud Run. Go to hillbillydaysbennettsprings.com for more information.
- Sat. 6/14 - O’Reily Auto Parts presents the Breast Cancer Wellness Summer Fun Car Show at the Cowan Civic Center. All proceeds of this event will go to the local chapter of Breast Cancer Wellness. The event starts at 8AM with a pancake breakfast. Contact Randy Hildebrand at 417-532-9863 for event or registration information.
- Sat. 6/14 - 12th Annual Kids Fishing Day at Nelson Park from 9-12 hosted by the Lebanon Parks Department. Come join them for all the fun games, contests, food and prizes. Additional information can be found on the City’s event calendar, lebanonmissouri.org.
- Sat. 6/21 - 3rd Annual Our Town, Your Town celebrations at Lebanon I-44 Speedway. This event is featuring NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Racing, multiple booth vendors, and Nashville Country artists Joel Crouse and Ben Bradford providing the Grand Finale with a County Music concert. Details can be found on the Lebanon Area Chamber of Commerce’s website www.lebanonmissouri.com.
- Fri. 6/27 - At dusk the Kiwanis Club of Lebanon and the Lebanon Park’s Department will be having a drive in movie at the Civic Center admission is $3 per person or $7 per car load. The movie will be Disney's Frozen.
- Fri. 6/27 - Sun. 6/29 - Rollout Roller Derby Magazine presents Midwest Derby Fest at the Civic Center. This event will have 16 Woman’s teams and 8 Men’s teams battling it out during this 3 day event. The cost is 15 dollars a day or 40 dollars for all three days. Tickets will be available at the door.
- Thu. 7/3 - Sat. 7/5 - The 29th Annual Starvy Creek Bluegrass Festival in Conway. This three day event starts at 6:30 on Thursday and is full of bluegrass talent. Get more information on the event at starvycreek.com.
Remember to tune in to KJEL 103.7 FM every Wednesday at 8:20 AM for the weekly "Trip Around the Ozarks." If you have an event that you would like featured on "Trip Around the Ozarks" please e-mail Tourism Director Bruce Conklin at firstname.lastname@example.org