A recap of the City's weekly radio show highlighting upcoming area events:
- Fri. 5/30 - Truelove Ministries and the Boswell Family will be having a free gospel concert at the Cowan Civic Center starting at 7PM. Featuring Brian Free & Assurance, also appearing will be The Truelove Quartet. For more information call Ed Truelove at 417-718-8000.
- Sat. 6/7 - The Lebanon Parks Department will hold its 12th Annual Kids Fishing Day at Nelson Park. Join us for all the fun games, contests, prizes, and food.
- Thu. 6/12 - Sun. 6/15 - Hillbilly Days are back. Enjoy an abundance of activities all being thrown by the businesses in the area surrounding Bennett Springs State Park. There will be art exhibitions, vendors, bands, and a Mud Run. Go to hillbillydaysbennettsprings.com for more information.
- Sat. 6/14 - O’Reily Auto Parts presents the Breast Cancer Wellness Summer Fun Car Show at the Cowan Civic Center. All proceeds of this event will go to the local chapter of Breast Cancer Wellness. The event starts at 8AM with a pancake breakfast. Contact Randy Hildebrand at 417-532-9869 for event or registration information.
- Sat. 6/21 - 3rd Annual Our Town, Your Town celebrations at Lebanon I-44 Speedway. This event is featuring NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Racing, multiple booth vendors, and Nashville Country artists Joel Crouse and Ben Bradford providing the Grand Finale with a County Music concert. Details can be found on the Lebanon Area Chamber of Commerce’s website www.lebanonmissouri.com.
- Fri. 6/27 - Sun. 6/29 - Rollout Roller Derby Magazine presents Midwest Derby Fest at the Civic Center. This event will have 16 Woman’s teams and 8 Men’s teams battling it out during this 3 day event. The cost is 15 dollars a day or 40 dollars for all three days. Tickets will be available at the door.
Remember to tune in to KJEL 103.7 FM every Wednesday at 8:20 AM for the weekly "Trip Around the Ozarks." If you have an event that you would like featured on "Trip Around the Ozarks" please e-mail Tourism Director Bruce Conklin at firstname.lastname@example.org