A recap of the City's weekly radio show highlighting upcoming area events:
- Memorial Day Weekend - In observance of Memorial Day the City of Lebanon's administrative offices will be closed Monday May 26, 2014. Please remember this does not include emergency services.
- Sat. 5/24 - 4th Annual Wagon for Warriors event will be held at the Laclede County Fair Grounds. For one day Travel back in time and enjoy an authentic and savory, home-cooked meal prepared over an open fire, by authentic Chuckwagons and their crew from four states. Tickets are available at the Lebanon Area Chamber of Commerce, Hairy’s Salon, and Mid Missouri Credit Union. The festivities start at 9 am with lunch at noon. For more information on purchasing tickets, becoming a sponsor or making a donation to the Wagons for Warriors contact the Chamber at 417-588-3256.
- Sat. 5/24 - The School of Performing Arts is presenting Dance Around the World. This Event will be held in the Cowan Civic Center Theater with a performance at 2PM and the second performance at 4PM. This event is open and free to the public.
- Sat. 5/24 - Crossfit 610 is hosting the “Murph” Benefit Work Out of the Day. The event is held in honor of Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy. This event is open to everyone, workouts will be scaled for age and ability. This event starts at 9:30 at Crossfit610 (on North 5). The proceeds from the event will go to the local chapter of Disabled American Veterans. For information check them out on Facebook or call 417-531-5652.
- Fri. 5/30 - Truelove Ministries and the Boswell Family will be having a free gospel concert at the Cowan Civic Center starting at 7PM. Featuring Brian Free & Assurance, also appearing will be The Truelove Quartet. For more information call Ed Truelove at 417-718-8000.
- Sat. 6/7 - The Lebanon Parks Department will hold its 12th Annual Kids Fishing Day at Nelson Park. Join us for all the fun games, contests, prizes, and food.
- Thu. 6/12 - Sat. 6/14 - Hillbilly Days are back. The three day celebrations kicks off on June 12th. There are various activities from street fairs to art fests planned all taking place in different locations throughout Lebanon. The event is open to the public. We will release more information as it becomes available.
- Sat. 6/21 - 3rd Annual Our Town, Your Town celebrations at Lebanon I-44 Speedway. This event is featuring NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Racing, multiple booth vendors, and Nashville Country artists Joel Crouse and Ben Bradford providing the Grand Finale with a County Music concert. Details can be found on the Lebanon Area Chamber of Commerce’s website www.lebanonmissouri.com.
Remember to tune in to KJEL 103.7 FM every Wednesday at 8:20 AM for the weekly "Trip Around the Ozarks." If you have an event that you would like featured on "Trip Around the Ozarks" please e-mail Tourism Director Bruce Conklin at email@example.com