A recap of the City's weekly radio show highlighting upcoming area events:
- Thr. 4/24 - Red Cross presents Hometown Heroes to honor the people right here in our communities who have shown courage, kindness, and unselfish character. The annual Hometown Heroes Breakfast will be held in the Exhibition Hall of the Civic Center. The Breakfast buffet begins at 6AM and the program starts at 7AM. Tickets are available at the Chamber of Commerce Office.
- Sat. 4/26 - Get in the Earth Day spirit with The 10th Annual Trash Dash at Public Works Facility (1401 W. Commercial), where they will have a special recyclable collection event taking old TV's, computer monitors, and various corded electronics in addition to household wastes. The day will also have fair and other community beautification activities.
- Sat. 4/26 - As part of the Earth Day festivities the Lebanon Police Department will host a drug take back event from 10a-2p. Bring your out-of-date or unwanted medicine to City Hall to make your home safer. For more information, contact the Lebanon Police Department at (417) 532-3131.
- Sat. 5/3 - Bennett Spring State Park Kid's Free Fishing Day. Bring the kids to Bennett for fishing and fun. A special packet will be given away by hatchery staff. There will be educational exhibits and demonstrations for the kids to enjoy. For additional information call 417-532-4418 or visit mostateparks.com.
- Sat. 5/3 - Conway Lions Club will have its 2nd annual Livestock show at 10 at the Marshfield Fair Grounds. For additional information contact Steve Cushing at 417-589-8880.
- Thur. 5/8 - The Lebanon Concert Association will present The Rodney Mack Philadelphia Big Brass. The Rodney Mack Philadelphia Big Brass is composed of some of America's top brass musicians dedicated to bringing great music to audiences around the world. The concert begins at 7PM in the Cowan Civic Center Theater. For additional information visit www.lebanonmoconcertassociation.com for tickets call Vivian Calton at 417-532-2990.
- Sat. 5/10 - Supporters of Children with Additional Needs (S.C.A.N.) is hosting a 5k Fundraiser. The race promotes inclusion of children with additional needs and awareness of different diagnoses that affect families in Lebanon. To register visit www.scan4kids.com.
- Sat. 5/17 - Trash to Treasure Swap Meet at the Laclede County Fair Grounds. There is something for everyone, so come on out and find some new treasures. Swap Meet starts at 8 AM. For additional information contact 417-588-5118.
- Sat. 5/24 - 4th Annual Wagon for Warriors event will be held at the Laclede County Fair Grounds. For one day Travel back in time and enjoy an authentic and savory, home-cooked meal prepared over an open fire, by authentic Chuckwagons and their crew from four states. Tickets are available at the Lebanon Area Chamber of Commerce, Hairy’s Salon, and Mid Missouri Credit Union. The festivities start at 9 am with lunch at noon. For more information on purchasing tickets, becoming a sponsor or making a donation to the Wagons for Warriors contact the Chamber at 417-588-3256.
Remember to tune in to KJEL 103.7 FM every Wednesday at 8:20 AM for the weekly "Trip Around the Ozarks." If you have an event that you would like featured on "Trip Around the Ozarks" please e-mail Jeff Porter at firstname.lastname@example.org