A recap of the City's weekly radio show highlighting upcoming area events:
- Th. 4/3 - Sat. 4/5 - The Lebanon Area Homeschoolers Drama Troupe will present Night at the Wax Museum at the Civic Center. Advance tickets are available at Nature’s Pantry and Simplicity Coffee in or may be purchased through cast members. Call 417-286-4233 or visit their Facebook for more information.
- Sat. 4/5 - The YMCA hosts its 2nd Annual Princess Party at the Civic Center. The Princess Package includes a horse drawn carriage ride, magical wand, cookies, pink lemonade, 2 adult guest passes and photo opportunities with all your favorite princesses! For tickets and additional information contact the YMCA at (417) 588-1177.
- Sat. 4/12 - Hairy’s Salon is sponsoring the 6th Annual Run for Clean Water at Atchley Park. There will be 5K Race and 1-Mile Walk as well as a Kids’ Lap. Registration begins at 7:30 AM and the race starts at 8:00 am. For additional information or to register call Hairy's Salon at 417-588-9588 or visit www.hairys-salon.com.
- Sat. 4/12 - The I’ll Fly Away Foundation will host its Lebanon Spring Gala which includes a Concert, VIP Dinner and Auction. The concert features bluegrass star Sierra Hull. There will also be performances by the Lebanon High School Honors Choir and Jazz Band. Dinner Begins at 5PM Concert at 8 PM. Visit www.illflyawayfoundation.org for additional information and ticketing locations.
- Tue. 4/15 - The Lebanon Concert Association welcomes the Abrams Brothers. The brothers and their bluegrass, country and folk roots have left the North American festival clambering for more! The concert will be performed at the Cowan Civic Center Theater. For additional information visit www.lebanonmoconcertassociation.com for tickets call Vivian Calton at 417-532-2990.
- Sat. 4/19 - Central Bank will host its annual garage sale at the Civic Center. From 7AM to 1PM come browse the aisles of deals to find your newest treasures. Contact 417-532-2151 for additional information.
- Sat. 4/26 - Get in the Earth Day spirit with The 10th Annual Trash Dash at Public Works Facility (1401 W. Commercial), where they will have a special recyclable collection event taking old TV's, computer monitors, and various corded electronics in addition to household wastes. The day will also have fair and other community beautification activities.
- Sat. 5/3 - Bennett Spring State Park Kid's Free Fishing Day. Bring the kids to Bennett for fishing and fun. A special packet will be given away by hatchery staff. There will be educational exhibits and demonstrations for the kids to enjoy. For additional information call 417-532-4418 or visit mostateparks.com.
- Thur. 5/8 - The Lebanon Concert Association will present The Rodney Mack Philadelphia Big Brass. The Rodney Mack Philadelphia Big Brass is composed of some of America's top brass musicians dedicated to bringing great music to audiences around the world. The concert begins at 7PM in the Cowan Civic Center Theater. For additional information visit www.lebanonmoconcertassociation.com for tickets call Vivian Calton at 417-532-2990.
- Sat. 5/10 - Supporters of Children with Additional Needs (S.C.A.N.) is hosting a 5k Fundraiser. The race promotes inclusion of children with additional needs and awareness of different diagnoses that affect families in Lebanon. To register visit www.scan4kids.com.
- Sat. 5/17 - Trash to Treasure Swap Meet at the Laclede County Fair Grounds. There is something for everyone, so come on out and find some new treasures. Swap Meet starts at 8 AM. For additional information contact 417-588-5118.
- Sat. 5/24 - 4th Annual Wagon for Warriors event will be held at the Laclede County Fair Grounds. For one day Travel back in time and enjoy an authentic and savory, home-cooked meal prepared over an open fire, by authentic Chuckwagons and their crew from four states. Tickets are available at the Lebanon Area Chamber of Commerce, Hairy’s Salon, and Mid Missouri Credit Union. The festivities start at 9 am with lunch at noon. For more information on purchasing tickets, becoming a sponsor or making a donation to the Wagons for Warriors contact the Chamber at 417-588-3256.
Remember to tune in to KJEL 103.7 FM every Wednesday at 8:20 AM for the weekly "Trip Around the Ozarks." If you have an event that you would like featured on "Trip Around the Ozarks" please e-mail Jeff Porter at firstname.lastname@example.org