A recap of the City's weekly radio show highlighting upcoming area events:
- Fri. 2/14 - Cross Creek Church is hosting a Valentines Dinner and Comedy Show featuring the Skinny Improv. Child Care is available through DoodleBugs (417-533-5683). Dinner will be catered by Nancy Hall of Andy's 417. For more info call Pastor Joe Campbell at 417-650-0647.
- Sat. 2/15 - COPE will host their 11th Chili Cook-Off at the Cowan Civic Center. The event will be open to the public from Noon-3pm for tasting and "people's choice" judging - where tasters vote with their dollars on the best chili offering, as well as for the silent auction. If you'd like to participate as a competitor call 417-533-5201 or visit www.copeoflebanon.com for additional information.
- Mon. 2/17 - The Lebanon Concert Association 2013-2014 season continues with Thank You for the Music, a Modern Tribute to ABBA. This exciting and dynamic tribute to the Swedish pop super-group is not to be missed. The concert will be in the Civic Center Theater. For tickets information call Vivian Calton at 417-532-2990.
- Sat. 2/22 - Sun. 2/23 - R.K Gun & Knife Show will once again stop at the Cowan Civic Center. Call 563-927-8176 for details or visit www.rkshows.com where you can get a $1 off coupon for admission.
- Sat. 3/1 - Trout Season opens at Bennett Spring State Park.
- Sat. 3/1 - The Annual Mid-Missouri Percussion Arts Competition will be held at the Civic Center, this year’s featured soloist is Nathan Daughtrey. Call Carol Helble at 417-718-8986 for ticket information.
- Fri. 3/7 - Sun. 3/8 - Join Missouri Pet Breeders Association for their Educational Conference and Trade Show at the Civic Center. This event features over 100 exhibitors and talks by noted personalities on a variety of pet related topics. For additional information or event registration visit www.mpbaonline.org.
- Sat. 3/15 - Annual City Wide Garage Sale returns to the Civic Center from 8AM to 2PM. Call (417) 532-4642 for additional information.
- Sat. 3/15 - Prior to garage selling you can get breakfast at the Annual Rotary Pancake breakfast from 7AM to 1PM. The breakfast will be held in the meeting rooms of the Civic Center.
- Fri. 3/21 - Sat. 3/22 - Lebanon Host Lions will hold a Gospel and Bluegrass weekend at the Civic Center. Both days will feature rising bluegrass and gospel stars The Roys. The gospel concert begins at 7 p.m. on Friday night, and Saturday’s bluegrass show begins at 2 p.m. Tickets are available at Morgan Music or call 417-532-6502.
Remember to tune in to KJEL 103.7 FM every Wednesday at 8:20 AM for the weekly "Trip Around the Ozarks." If you have an event that you would like featured on "Trip Around the Ozarks" please e-mail Jeff Porter at email@example.com