A recap of the City's weekly radio show highlighting upcoming area events:
- Sat. 11/23 - Lebanon Christmas Parade starting at 11am. If you are entering a float please turn in your forms by Wednesday, November 20th. No cost to enter a float. Call 417-588-3256 for information.
- Sat. 11/23 - The Annual Lebanon Art Guild Bean-E-Fit is from 11a-4p Saturday. The Bean a Fit will be held at the Art Guild Gallery located 227 W. Commercial. For $12 you a choice of a one-of-a-kind pottery bowl which you can fill with homemade soups, stews, chili, breads, and deserts. Proceeds support the Gallery, and the Guild will donate $1 of each ticket sold to CROSSLINES. Contact 417-532-1895 for additional information.
- Thr. 11/28 - The Lebanon Booster Club will host a Turkey Trot at Atchley Park. The 5k Race will start at 8AM. There will also be a kid’s gobble wobble for those ages 3-10. Nancy Winfrey 417-664-3800 or Stacey Pearcy 417-531-2842
- Fri. 11/29 - Sun. 12/1 - World’s premier Co-Ed Roller Derby Education Event at the Cowan Civic Center with competitions, classes, booths, parties and fun. Join into the “Beat Me Halfway 2013” by visiting www.beatmehalfway.com.
- Tue. 12/3 - Join the Mayor for the lighting of the Christmas tree located at the Cowan Civic Center. The festivities kick off at 6p, and in addition to the Tree Lighting there will be carols and songs performed by local talent of all ages.
- Fri. 12/6 - 5:30-7:30p will be Christmas in the Park, at Atchley Park, there will be pictures with Santa, hay rides, face painting, storytelling, Christmas lights and displays throughout Atchley Park. Call 417-991-2222 for info.
- Sat. 12/7 - The Lebanon Police Department is hosting an Ugly Sweater 5K Run and Walk on at the Civic Center to raise money for Shop with a Cop. You can pre-register at the Lebanon Police Department.
- Sat. 12/7 - From 9a-4p is the 2nd annual Holiday Shopping Expo will be held at the Lebanon-Laclede County Library. Over 25 vendors with variety of items will be present, and concessions will be available. There will be a raffle and collection of items to benefit the Pregnancy Support Center. For additional information contact 417-531-4531.
- Sat. 12/7 - The Annual Miss Merry Christmas Pageant will be at the Civic Center Theater at 3p and 7p. Call 417-532-6232 for more information.
- Sat. 12/7 - Community Baptist Church will be hosting a craft fair from 9a-4p. Contact 532-8421 for information.
- Thr. 12/12 - Lebanon Concert Association's Christmas Program--The Church Street Boys from Central Methodist University--will be held at the Cowan Civic Center Theater for tickets call Vivian Calton at 417-532-2990.
- Christmas Day - The Community Yulefest is a Free Community Christmas Dinner for everyone, although volunteers are needed to drive, serve as waiters, set up and decorate. Please call Judy Vest @ 417.288.1047 or Ranya Dunn @ 417.718.4414 for more info.
- Fri. 1/10/14 - Sat 1/11/14 - Mad Dog Demolition Derby at the Cowan Civic Center Exhibition Hall for a smashing good time. Doors open at 6 PM and the show start at 7 PM. For more information call 417-863-6353 or visit www.motorheadevents.com
Remember to tune in to KJEL 103.7 FM every Wednesday at 8:20 AM for the weekly "Trip Around the Ozarks." If you have an event that you would like featured on "Trip Around the Ozarks" please e-mail Jeff Porter at firstname.lastname@example.org