Posted by Maggie Shelton
What’s Going On In City Departments?
- Vacation Buy-Backs will be processed on the December 6th payroll. Vacation buy-backs will be processed on separate checks and direct deposited along with employee’s normal payroll.
- December 20th marks the end of the 2013 calendar year. W-2’s will be processed in the month of January.
Park & Recreation:
- On December 7th at the Cowan Civic Center, the Lebanon Police Department is hosting the Ugly Christmas Sweater 5k as a fundraiser for Shop with a Cop. This will count as a community service credit for the Wellness Program. Please see Dana Millsap or Tim Early for more information.
- Christmas in the Park is currently being cancelled due to the weather. More information about the new date with be forthcoming.
- Additional walking trail lights coming to Harke walking trail at Atchley Park.
- New BAC pool pumps and filters coming soon.
Fire, Public Works & Civic Center Department:
Nothing to report.
Announcements & Up-Coming Events:
2013 City of Lebanon Employee Appreciation Luncheon
Wednesday, December 18, 2013 from Noon—2:00 p.m. at the Cowan Civic Center Exhibition Hall. Catering will be done by Vidie’s Catering. We look forward to seeing you there!
2013 Benefits Open Enrollment:
- 2014 Open Enrollment for Wednesday, December 4th at City Hall from 9am to Noon. This is your opportunity to make changes to your health & dental insurance and flexible spending account. Changes to your benefits will be effective January 1, 2013.
December Wellness Calendar:
Blood Pressure Checks:
Tuesday: December 3rd from 11:30am to Noon in the City Hall Council Chambers
Tuesday: December 17th from 11am to 11:30am in the Public Works Conference Room
Tuesday: December 17th from 11:30am to Noon in the Public Works Conference Room
Ugly Christmas Sweater 5k-December 7th in Lebanon: Shop with a Cop Fundraiser
Jack Frost 5k & 1mile-December 7th in Springfield
The Christmas Mile-December 14th in Springfield
Run for the Ranch Half Marathon/Marathon-December 28th in Springfield
Please visit http://ozarkmountainridgerunners.org/events for more event listings.
City’s Safety Corner
- In 2013, there was 2 report only.
- In 2012, there was 1 report only.
- In 2011, no claims reported.
- In 2010, there were 2 filings. One was a report only and one lost time.
Tie One On For Safety Campaign
Why is the City of Lebanon displaying red ribbons on vehicles? As part of the City’s safety program, employees and vehicles will be wearing red ribbons to honor MADD’s campaign of Tie One On For Safety. MADD advocates all drivers to put a red ribbon in a visible location on their vehicle as a reminder to always designate a non-drinking driver. Each year MADD strives to educate individuals that drinking and driving doesn’t mix the same goes for texting and driving while taking prescription drugs. City vehicles will display the red ribbons from Thanksgiving through New Year’s Day.
In 2012, the City of Lebanon’s Police Department made 70 DUI arrest. In an effort to reduce the number of driving while intoxicated incidents the Lebanon Police Department conducts in conjunction with MoDot sobriety check points throughout the year. The City of Lebanon asks its residents and businesses to Tie One On For Safety & encourages drivers to be aware of possible drivers under the influence and to report them immediately to the proper authorities. Call 911 or *55 for assistance. For more information about the MADD campaign, visit www.madd.org.
December Birthday’s & AnniversariesJ
Take a moment & tell your co-worker Happy Birthday!
December 1st: Noel Massey & Van Heafley December 3rd: Misty Obermark
December 9th: Chris Carrasco December 10th: Melissa Myers
December 12th: Chris Shockley December 15th: Erik Foreman & Nikki Sanderson
December 16th: Holli Hawkins, Jon Rigsby & Chris Mustard
December 17th: Oliver Stone December 18th: Elliot Wilburn
December 20th: Kevin Barber & Kacie Hatch
December 23rd: Doug Burris December 25th: Casey Henry
December 29th: Dana Hicks December 30th: Tom Frazier
December 31st: Richard Barnett
December Longevity Anniversary’s:
*Employees that have completed 1, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35 & 40 years of service.
Officer Don Hall = 30 Years in the Police Department on December 16th.
Daniel Buck = 10 Years in Public Works on December 22nd.
Officer Bruce Mitchell completed his 1st Year on December 3th.
**Please let me know if you have an employee that has great news to share.
Have a Safe & Wonderful Holiday!